Just a quick update. I’m still trucking along with my 100 short stories in 100 days. The holidays are coming and I am planning on still plugging away at it. Even with family visiting. I am on track and have not missed a story yet.
I have had a few people ask me why I am trying to write 100 short stories in 100 days, especially over the holidays.
I have a few reasons, so here they are, in no particular order:
- I am crazy.
- I wanted to see if I could do it.
- Why not?
- I wanted to practice my short story writing.
- I wanted to get more stories out on the market (to magazines.)
- I want to force myself to work on short stories and books at the same time. I am trying to be a full-time writer here. If I’m not actually writing full-time, then what the heck else am I doing?
- I am crazy.
- I have a mentor who is just as crazy as I am, so he encourages the madness.
- I love writing (and reading) short stories, so here we are.
- When I thought to start the project, there were exactly 100 days left of the year, so it seemed like a good number.
- Even if I fail, I have written a ton of short stories and have them out to magazines. (This is called failing to success.)
- I am crazy. (Did I say that already?)
So yeah, there ya go. 😉
As some of you may know, I have been working on writing 100 short stories in 100 days. It is a challenge that is a little crazy, but for someone who has a full-time writer’s schedule, it is totally doable.
I went through the last eight days of September and most of October without saying much about it. Mostly just to see if I would keep up with it or not. So far, so good.
I promised a few people I would blog a little bit about it through November. So maybe I will do Saturday updates or something.
Here are the covers I made for the short stories from September 23-30, the last 8 days of September was the first week of the last 100 days of the year.
Most of the stories are out for submission right now, so nothing is currently slated for indie pub at this point. I’ll post them when they go live.
But so far so good on the challenge. I am submitting all stories to magazines and making covers for them all as I go. Just to add to the workload. 😉